Just found my very first 1999 digicam, it still works!! who still has theirs?

Kodakuser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am moving house and just came across my old 1999 Kodak DC280 2.1mp!!!! I paid £300 for it back then, adjusted for inflation now thats a big purchase, I loved it back then and have 100s of family shots of taken way back and the image quality was fine for that purpose......who still has their very first digicam ?
1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    677 KB · Views: 2
Still have my Sony Mavica

I had one similar but honestly don't know what happened to it. I think it may have quit working and I bought a Sony Cybershot after that.

I am moving house and just came across my old 1999 Kodak DC280 2.1mp!!!! I paid £300 for it back then, adjusted for inflation now thats a big purchase, I loved it back then and have 100s of family shots of taken way back and the image quality was fine for that purpose......who still has their very first digicam ?
View attachment 275073
That camera is older than me. It takes great photos though.

That camera is older than me. It takes great photos though.
Yes it still shoots an acceptable pic even at only 2.1mp BUT later Kodak moved on and please allow me to recommend a couple of really good and very cheap Kodaks that can be picked up on Ebay for almost free!!!
The brilliant P712 with 12x optical zoom is really good
The Kodak P880 is also excellent
The Z990 with 30x optical is a cracker also
This old Kodak is interesting because it is surprising how good it was for its time, but if you want a cheap Kodak that really delivers, pick one of the ones I mentioned above, oh and the Z712 was pretty good too and quite easy to find on Ebay
I just shot these today with my 2006 P712 (a bit hard to find but they can be bought for about £20-£40)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Mine was a Kodak DC25. About 1/3 MP, and slow. BUT, I had a reviewable (chimpable) digital camera before anyone else I knew got one. I paid about $400 for it at Sam's Club. I've still a few thousand images in K25 mode, but I did have a simple converter to JPG program some guy wrote and offered up for free. At least I can still see them. I took it to Oregon on vacation right after I bought it. Fortunately I also took an AE-1 so I do have some quality shots from there.

I also had a digital clip on camera attachment that went onto my Palm 3Gs. Larger images but just as horrendous. Bleeding edge like lacerating oneself with a rough cut rebar.

Dancing couple is the Palm Camera. Cat is DC25

Attachments

• 0098[1].jpg
    0098[1].jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Smokey.jpg
    Smokey.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back