Just got my D50

adolan20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sold my D40x and bought a D50 and it came today. I love it already! It's a little bit heavier than the D40x but it autofocuses with all my lenses. I'll post some pics when I have time.

Great choice you'll love it. I have a D50 and a D40. My D50 does a great job, and the best thing about it... I can autofocas AF lens'.

How long did you have the 40 before you did this.
I think I might do that.
I just got my 40 in november but I didnt think about it getting new lenses and all. And let me tell you I really should have. Cause I really want a new lens but its to expensive...

why not make the jump to a D80 or a D200??
The D50 is

- smaller
- cheaper
- has better high ISO
- has smaller file sizes
- has 1/500s flash sync vs only 1/200-250 on the others
- you can put the money not spent towards better glass

The D50 is

- smaller
- cheaper
- has better high ISO
- has smaller file sizes
- has 1/500s flash sync vs only 1/200-250 on the others
- you can put the money not spent towards better glass

Im sorry but that is just not true! ( the bolded part )

I had the D50, D80, and the D200 all at the same time, and the D50 was the worst of the three as concerning the noise levels. Thats not to say it isnt a great camera though. :)

yeah I'm not going to upgrade until I get some jobs. My D50 fits me perfectly.

I love mine too. I wouldn't have gone with Nikon if I couldn't have gotten it used.

Im sorry but that is just not true! ( the bolded part )

I had the D50, D80, and the D200 all at the same time, and the D50 was the worst of the three as concerning the noise levels. Thats not to say it isnt a great camera though. :)
My friend's D50 looks better at 1600 than my D80 does, and so does my D40. In general the 6MP sensor is definitely a half stop or so cleaner at higher ISO than the 10MP sensor. Larger photosites afterall, so they can collect more light per pixel. I'm shooting some indoor ice skating in a few weeks and I'll definitely be taking the 40. 1/500s flash sync will help too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back