Just got my new dslr! my first shot

hotrocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hotrocks22.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i finally got a sony a-300 after waiting a long time and saving up.. i got the 18-70 kit and the 75-300. This was taken at 300mm from 5ft away, so not technically a macro shot...shot raw and edited in photoshop

2905101805_3a0ee5e9f4_o.jpg

update: added another
2906369218_4951e254c9_o.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Last edited:
very nice...what made you choose sony?

thanks

well they have the fastest live view, and a tilting lcd, and a longer kit lens, and built in stabilization (so every lens has it) and the wide variety of cheap lenses (old minolta) and i like sony products. this seemed to have the most bang for the buck

hmm i was thinking about that..its just that i want all the attention on the big flower, so if the others were in focus, it may have been more distracting

They are looking really good
im ordering a Nikon D70s in about an hour ive been waiting so long

Congratulations on your purchase. I have 5 cameras, but one recent purchase is the Sony A350 because of the live view and tiltable LCD screen which I use a lot.

I bought the body only and more expensive lenses but I have shot handheld at f. 2.8 and 1/8 of a second and the result was very sharp photos.

skieur

I think your first shots look really good. I have to say though I think on your first one if you wanted your main subject to be the blooming flower, to just change the angle of your shot. Make it so you the rest are blurry in the background, so it definately become your main subject.

Congratulations to you... I have been looking at a sony today and I am so undecided because there are very mixed comments on here about whats best...I cant wait to get my first good camera..I have a crappy basic digital at the moment..! ENJOY!

Congratulations to you... I have been looking at a sony today and I am so undecided because there are very mixed comments on here about whats best...I cant wait to get my first good camera..I have a crappy basic digital at the moment..! ENJOY!

For the most part, the one thing everyone on here agrees with is that you really can't go wrong with any DSLR. If you look at the ratings in consumer report or something like that, you'll see that they all have ratings between 9 & 10 on a 10 point scale.

Since sony just released the A900 (their pro-level camera) you are pretty much guaranteed to be around for a while....which some people were saying Sony won't be competing for long when they had only released the A100.

I really like the first one.

Its nice to see someone who has bought the A300 and likes it. I'm going to get one once I have the money too. I just need to get the money which is very hard:(
Am I the only one that finds it odd that Sony's DSLR's are the opposite of all their other products? Everything else they make is on the higher end of the price scale but they're DSLR's are priced very competively compared to Canon and Nikon while still making an excellent product. Which I suppose is a good thing

yeah they definetely have the cheapest price for everything the camera offers...but since they are sony, store coupons and deals never apply

Most reactions

New Topics

Back