Just hanging around.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While these are here and the opportunity is presenting itself, these are the subjects I am going after as I try to improve photography skills. Or lack thereof.
Since I'm pretty much isolated, and afraid to leave home or come in contact with other people, this has become challenging and it's keeping me sane. I'll remember these days well when this virus comes to an end, if it comes to an end. If I live through it.
I hope you are all well and I hope you all make it through this.
L.S.

LTqTqmO.jpg

Last edited:
You've been getting some great dragonfly shots!

You've been getting some great dragonfly shots!
Jeff, It's tough going. It's kinda tough to get a good clean shot without clutter and distractions. What appears to be the sky, in the very background, isn't sky.
It's water. ( all the light bluish/grey at the very back)
I think this is one of my better dragonfly images. Something about this one. Maybe the way it's framed out.
I've learned that these types of shots don't always need to be 1:1 macro shots and that sometimes they are better when they aren't.
With this comes a shorter focal length and deeper depth of field, on close in shots.
It was shot with a 70-200mm Tamron with a close focusing distance of 37.4 inches at full zoom 200mm ( 300mm on my Pentax crop sensor).
The lens left lots of room to work with for framing, while moving in and out, with the lens.
I'm learning all of this pretty quickly. I would have worked this dragonfly over many shots but she flew after 3.
L.S.6

Nice work.

Cool shot. I did the same thing the other day with my 70-200mm canon f/4 and what I liked about it other than it being sharp is I didn't have to get close for the pics and didn't disturb them. They went about their business like I wasn't even there which helps to capture them relaxed. I used my Canon 55-250 yesterday for a change and got some 'decent' shots with it also but that's all I really hope to get since I don't have the best equipment and don't do a lot of editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back