Just received my K10D

Photoholic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got my Pentax K10D today. Now starts the fun but tedious process of learning how the heck everything works!!! :D If anyone has any advice, please feel free to post! I'm sure I'll be on here with questions and test pics. Thanks for reading!!

Matt

I am jealous!

I have wondered (and checked on eBay) more than once what it would take for me to trade my k100D up to a K10D body. It is an excellent camera.

Advice? Take lots of pictures! It's really the only way. Also, if the interface on yours is anything like the interface on mine, it's not as awful as it looks. It's not pretty, but it works.

Just got my Pentax K10D today. Now starts the fun but tedious process of learning how the heck everything works!!! :D If anyone has any advice, please feel free to post! I'm sure I'll be on here with questions and test pics. Thanks for reading!!

Congrats! :) Only advice is to replace "but tedious" with "and exciting" ;) :lol:

But honestly, even with the technical overhead, I don't think it ever has to be too tedious, especially when armed with such great help as we have here, right?

I :heart: TPF

one of the neat things i found with the K10D was the dedicated RAW button. touch once for RAW, once more to revert to JPEG.
i can't remember anything else significant; but i really liked it. weather sealed, comfortable grip, fast AF and the sensor IS..

Congratulations;
I am sure that you will like it a lot. I advice you to to shoot at Sv mode where ISO is adjusted automatically according to light conditions. And limit the ISO between 100 up to 400 for general usage. I guess you have 18-55 kit lens which is good enough for general pupose shooting. Congrats again for K10D choice.
Best

I bought a photography magazine yesterday, it was all because it says on the big sticker: Now only $9.95. But after I bought it I found out the original price was also $9.95 :). Oh well.

Anyway inside there is an article about wedding photography, in which the photographer in it is a Pentax user for the job. It has beautiful stunning picture (the rest are just pictures).

I expect you to produce the same quality pictures, at least one. Hard enough?

congratulations on the purchase. It's a very capable camera with loads of nice features. If you are upgrading from a previous Pentax, you'll find most of the controls and functions in the same place. I started with the *ist DS and then got the k10d when it came out. I was glad to see that they made a separate dial for aperture and shutter speed at your finger tips. The RAW button is nice too, but I leave it in RAW almost 100% of the time anyway. All I can really suggest unless you have specific questions is to read the manual and figure out all the options in the menu to get it set up the way you want.

Thanks for all the replies and advice everyone! Can't wait to get started with it. I suspect I will start my "total immersion" process this weekend. I'll be sure to post some pics (weather permitting with outside shots). Also looking forward to any constructive criticism you all may have as well. Take care!!

Matt

I just put a new thread up. About me getting a new camera hehe. I just got the same camera as you and i feel like i have no clue how to use it.

Most reactions

Back