just shot a friend - CnC

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just shot her two days ago. did some light editing. let me know what you think and what i can improve on.

click for big files

Last edited:
Air conditioning unit in the background? Really?

.......and do you have a feet/and or sock fetish? Bitter nailed it.

also, If you spent the money on cs5 I would spend some more time with it and make that ac go bye bye.

also, If you spent the money on cs5 I would spend some more time with it and make that ac go bye bye.

School gave me the license. Im just starting off with photo shop. i will see what i can do.

so i got rid of the AC this is my edit.

I could pick these apart from a compositional design stand point just like I pick my own apart when culling the rejects. Like others have done by mentioning the A/C etc.

I don't think nit picking them is called for here. What I see is a photographer that is uncommon, creative and daring. I think the best thing I can say is that you are on the right track to produce the ohh and ahh photos so often not seen. keep up the good work and keep at it, you will perfect the details by and by.

i agree that the air con needed to go. for me the selective colouring is actually distracting rather than having a good effect.
Over all your doing well. i would love to have CS5, it's an amazing program so definately keep up the work and loads of practice in photoshop.

nicely done, I notice you cropped slightly also?

Ya i cropped in a bit. the dead space was bugging me. The shadows where a bit off to so i figures i could just crop out the bad parts.

I could pick these apart from a compositional design stand point just like I pick my own apart when culling the rejects. Like others have done by mentioning the A/C etc.

I don't think nit picking them is called for here. What I see is a photographer that is uncommon, creative and daring. I think the best thing I can say is that you are on the right track to produce the ohh and ahh photos so often not seen. keep up the good work and keep at it, you will perfect the details by and by.

Thanks... Im ok with the harsher comments so long as the come back after i fix them :p

i agree that the air con needed to go. for me the selective colouring is actually distracting rather than having a good effect.
Over all your doing well. i would love to have CS5, it's an amazing program so definately keep up the work and loads of practice in photoshop.

ya for the selective i was just trying to get something out of the feet photos... i was just getting bored when i took the feet ones.

The AC unit was already commented on so I will leave that out, however do keep in mind for the next time you are looking for good shots that sometimes things will pop in there and you need to look for them!

1) This screams artist lean all over. I'm not a fan of the tilt shot, especially when there is a powerful block of horizon line going through a subject. Speaking in terms of the composition it is not bad (follows rules of 3ds) but then you kill it for me with the all black shirt with just a small slice of arm popping out. Compared to the rest of the colors in the area this is almost startling. Sometimes you can get away with this crop, and I don't know if its just me but it appears as if she has a nub for an arm, even though she clearly doesn't (take this comment with a grain of salt). Her skin feels ice cold as well, even if she is slightly pale in real life there is no reason for her to look almost blue.

2) Identical artist tilt to the first one, this one is quite unnerving with the inclusion of her being closer to the right of the frame as well as your lens being at a wide angle making the vertical line of the brick swing a lot. We've got gutters on the right side, and even though I said I wouldn't I am mentioning it anyway =P as well as the AC on the left. Skin is much warmer in this one and is probably her natural tone from what I can tell. The above the subject my-space angle is a bit cheesy in this case, she has her head tilted quite a bit, and for my taste her chin could also come up.

3. As many have said the selective coloring is...well a bit...you know. The image is only semi-desaturated so this pulls away from the selective coloring from being so overpowering, however it is still a bit much to me. Overall just uninteresting, hands and feet. Not quite explaining anything about her, isn't very artistic :| though judging art is impossible to do. As you can probably tell I'm loosing steam here, been up all day so I'm going to leave you with this.

Most reactions

Back