Just starting out. Interested in shooting talent (models, actors). But my photos look flat. Help me?

Well i hope she does come back to see what Forkie did with her photo, it is nothing short of amazing :icon_thumright:

Megan has not logged in again since the thread was started 4 months ago on September 17.

As mentioned light quality and direction is the key to making high quality photogrtaphs.
Using only available light can mean having to compromise on the light quality and direction or wait a long time for the light quality and direction to be right for your shot. That's why photographers often use a studio and lights the photographer has total light quality and direction control over.

Haha, I didn't even look at the date of the OP! :048:

But as it's been brought back alive, I use studio lights for my own headshots, so was by no means saying she needn't ever get lights, only that the shots that she had got in natural light, with a bit of TLC in processing are perfectly good industry quality actor's headshots and that she could make some decent money with shots of that quality.

Well i hope she does come back to see what Forkie did with her photo, it is nothing short of amazing :icon_thumright:

Thanks Bill! I really didn't do that much to it!

For crying out loud folks! How many responses to 'my photos are flat' and I use the cameras built in flash does it take before someone FINALLY notices! Of course the #$*^&ing pics are flat, that is what a flash straight on does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No shadows for depth, DUH! ...and $500 fofr lighting equipment? Hell, she can buy a Chinese flash for under a $100 and start turning out good pics (once she learns to use a camera). Arena, Arias, Kelby any of those names ring a bell? ALL of them tell you how to use a SINGLE off camera flash for great results.

sheeesh!

Annnnnd breath Didereaux

Slow steady breaths - in - and out - in and out.

Remember its just a forum no need to get bent out of shape over it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back