Just starting out.

Matthew2474

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just picked up this hobby about 2 months ago and learned what I can when I had the free time. As I’m now finding myself more interested and creative with how I want my pictures to turn out, I’m setting out to find some guidance from veterans of the craft to improve my knowledge and experience.

Currently I’ve been watching a lot of the Northrup YouTube videos and bought their book as well and man has it done wonders.

I have a simple cannon rebel t5 with the kit lens it comes with plus a Cannon 75-300mm 4-5.6 I found cheap.

It all started with wanting to take good pictures of my animals, an iguana and a Asian water monitor, than to wildlife and now I’m really interested in scenery shots.

I grateful for any guidance you guys have when first starting out ! Thank you very much !

Welcome to TPF! We're happy to have you join us. :)

Hope you check out our Photo Galleries, and post your work. Enjoy the forum!

Read the trilogy by Ansel Adams, it is a good base to start. Keep coming back to this forum and keep shooting. Welcome to the forums. =]

Welcome! You have a good starting kit...add a speedlight flash, a triggering system, an umbrella, and a light stand, and head to Strobist.com. read, practice, learn.

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

Welcome! The Asian Water Monitor is common here, often see them sunning themselves on my morning runs.

BURN ELECTRONS!!!!!

Burn as many as possible!

practice, practice, practice..

Oh and practice some more.

try all forms to find your niche, and then practice again!

Don't chase technology, given that you can get fantastic shots with the system you have!

The beauty with digital is that you can shoot to your heart's content without worrying about paying for prints until you want to!

Oh and practice.

Thank you all so much ! For some reason I didn’t get notifications of the replies until now. I’ll take all of what you said and apply it to further my knowledge and experience!

Most reactions

Back