Just the same 'ol same 'ol

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
been bug hunting again. It was a really sunny day, but i was suprised at the amount of bugs i found.....alot less then i usually saw. Really had to look good this time, or had to go threw nettles and tigercrawl to a certain bug (ok, not really, but it came close) I didnt feel like making several posts this time, so i just dropped all the pics in this thread here.
Park232.jpg

Park233.jpg

Park234.jpg

Park235.jpg

Park236.jpg

Park237.jpg

Park238.jpg

Park239.jpg

#9 For spidermen mating is a dangerous job, since he can end up as supper
Park240.jpg

#10 But this one got lucky. Did the deed and got away with it
Park241.jpg

Thanks for looking and more to be seen on www.daanschouwe.nl
Greetz Daan

Jeesh, Daan,
You've gone and done it again! Yet another outstanding set (worth any scrambling through the brush that you did). My favs are #1 and #9

Once again, 100% beautiful!

Darn you - you need to post warnings!
I mean spider sex - come on kids surf this site too you know ;)

Great work as always! :)

All amazing as usual, but 1, 7 & 8 are beyond amazing. (I love it when a macro shot also features some strong composition.)

awesome sharpness and clarity across the whole set.

Just a quick question, how do you get the chance to find these insects, then take an in focus picture? I can hardly seem to be able to approach an insect let alone get within a few inches to a foot for a half second to take a picture.

Jeesh, Daan,
You've gone and done it again! Yet another outstanding set (worth any scrambling through the brush that you did). My favs are #1 and #9
Thanks and yeah, that going through the brush is worth it. I love it when a pic comes out good. Especially with the skittish bugs like the dragons and butterflies.
Once again, 100% beautiful!
Cheers :)
Darn you - you need to post warnings!
I mean spider sex - come on kids surf this site too you know ;)

Great work as always! :)
Yeah, sorry about that. But it isnt the hardcore bit yet, that came a second after this pic (and i missed the shot) It only took him a second too. So if the misses calls you a Spiderman in bed, thats not a good thing :lol: Thanks for the reply :)
makes me want to spend all my money on a good macro lens and flash! great work as normal
I really like the Sigma 105mm and it isnt as expensive as the Canon one. Offcourse you'll see some difference in the sharpness, but i can totally live with that. And a flash is something that (i think) you really need. Dont have to have a Lumiquest softbox (or the like), cause a normal difuser can work good too. And thanks for the reply :)
DO IT! DO IT!
is all I can say to that :)
Yeah, do it......just make sure you know what you're getting into. Nettles arent that great (but the fact that you can shoot bugs makes up for that :mrgreen:)
All amazing as usual, but 1, 7 & 8 are beyond amazing. (I love it when a macro shot also features some strong composition.)
Thank you :)
Awesome close ups!!! Detail is sharp! What type lens were you using?
If you read THIS you can read pretty much everything i do. And thank you for the comment :)
awesome sharpness and clarity across the whole set.

Just a quick question, how do you get the chance to find these insects, then take an in focus picture? I can hardly seem to be able to approach an insect let alone get within a few inches to a foot for a half second to take a picture.
Thanks. You just have to make sure you got some free time and alot of patience. Also, when you're approaching a bug, make sure you have your camera ready. I always approach a bug with the lens facing forward. Cause i have the softbox on the flash and if i turn the camera when im near the bug, it gets scared by the big white thing. And you can make some shots while you're getting near a bug, so if it gets scared and flies off, you allready have some shots. Not as close as you would like them to be, but at least you have something to work with.
Hope that helps :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back