Just want some opinions

Vilatus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! Just as the title says I just want some opinions and to share.

These are a few favorites of the pictures I've taken recently. The first two are just a random tree in a parking lot I was stuck in, and the third is one of my dogs.

Critique is welcome, just be gentle I'm a total beginner and just having fun lmao
DSC_0909.JPG
DSC_0912.JPG
DSC_0681 (1).JPG

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

These are a few favorites of the pictures I've taken recently. The first two are just a random tree in a parking lot I was stuck in, and the third is one of my dogs.

Critique is welcome, just be gentle I'm a total beginner and just having fun lmaoView attachment 154402View attachment 154403View attachment 154404

They are fine if its just for fun! I can say for the most part always try to get all the body parts in the frame lol. (Unless you have a particular way you want the picture to be seen). What i have learned is that when i take a picture, there is a way i see it and the way the camera sees it. The task is to get the camera to see what you see! Keep shooting and keep posting!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Critique is welcome, just be gentle I'm a total beginner and just having fun lmaoView attachment 154402View attachment 154403View attachment 154404

They are fine if its just for fun! I can say for the most part always try to get all the body parts in the frame lol. (Unless you have a particular way you want the picture to be seen). What i have learned is that when i take a picture, there is a way i see it and the way the camera sees it. The task is to get the camera to see what you see! Keep shooting and keep posting!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Definitely just for fun, I don't have much experience at all! Ok, I'll keep that in mind- for that shot I wanted to get close to her face, but that was as far as my lens would go. Too bad I guess. I agree with that, I think it's fun adjusting everything accordingly so it's just right. Thanks, I will!

Think about changing your vantage point, scrunch down and get closer if you want a close up of her. There are footprints in the snow that could make for some interest too if you frame it to get the dog and some paw prints. Different ways you can photograph this scene and subject.

Those branches look sort of like my hackberry trees! lol The second one is more interesting to me because of the shadowy branches in the background. Spend some time looking, you can frame a shot and notice what you're seeing, maybe take the picture maybe don't. Think about what makes it interesting, if you walk around a little do you see a more interesting way to photograph it? Would it be more interesting if you flip the camera and shoot it vertically? Keep experimenting and have fun with it.

Those branches look sort of like my hackberry trees! lol The second one is more interesting to me because of the shadowy branches in the background.
Same here. The first is just branches against a dark-ish sky. Doesn't do anything for me. The second has depth, because of the OOF branches in the background, and looks like of interesting.

#1 Might be improved with a somewhat better composition. Here is how I would crop it:

DSC_0909 - Version 2.jpg

#2 Needs the background to be plain sky, like the first.

#3 Get down to the level of your dog.

#1 Might be improved with a somewhat better composition. Here is how I would crop it:

View attachment 154454

#2 Needs the background to be plain sky, like the first.

#3 Get down to the level of your dog.
The first two I can work on, but if I get down to my dog's level she'll lick my lens!!

if I get down to my dog's level she'll lick my lens!!
I have a similar problem with my dog. I tell her to sit and stay. Then, as soon as I crouch down to get to her level, she runs over to me wagging her tail. :p

Also, cute pup!

if I get down to my dog's level she'll lick my lens!!
I have a similar problem with my dog. I tell her to sit and stay. Then, as soon as I crouch down to get to her level, she runs over to me wagging her tail. [emoji14]

Also, cute pup!

That's exactly what mine does. Very inconsiderate of her, you're trying to take a picture! There's a time and a place for tail wagging, and it's not when the camera is out.

Thank you!

Agree with the suggestions above but also try and get your exposure up in the first two images. They appear to be a good couple of stops under exposed. Below I have adjusted the exposure and a bit of the temp to what I imagine the conditions were like.
0912.jpg

The second image doesn't seem to have any of the central branches in sharp focus. This could be to having more than one focus point active. For busy scenes like this a single focus point will allow for more control of the image.

Keep on shooting.

Most reactions

Back