K-bayonet to skrew mount convertor...

zpfriem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for the reply, I will just use the lens on my canon a-1, hopefully it will fit on that camera, if not, i may have to sell a beautiful takumar 80-200mm F4.5, I got it for 60.00 and will probably sell it for as much.

Zach

There is no adapter to use K-mount lenses on Pentax screw mount cameras. The adapter you found allows you to use Pentax screw mount lenses on K-mount bodies. I have that adapter, and it works great. Of course you need the more modern K-mount Pentax bodies.

Also, you'd need an adapter that allows K-mount lenses to fit onto FD-mount bodies to put it on the Canon. I don't think it's going to be easy to find it, although someone probably made one once upon a time.

You want to make sure that the lense you buy for the Spotmatic are Pentax screw mount (also called something else) and that the lenses you get for the Canon are FD mount.

Thanks for the clarification, the spotmatic uses m42 lens', what happened was i missed out on an auction of a similar lens, this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...9&category=4688&sspagename=STRK:MEBDW:IT&rd=1 which would kick ass, but i didn't get it and found the one that i bid on, it was late at night and i think i was a lil dilerious, so i made a mistake, i will just resell it shouldn't be a problem, thanks for all the time and help, very appreciated :)

Zach

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
At the time when the Spotmatic was a current model Pentax was very actively attempting to compete with Zeiss, one of the biggest names in lens making history, and still top of the line. Do yourself a favor and only buy actual Pentax Super Takumar lenses for the Spotmatic. The real deal will be just as cheap as any after market brand lens that fits; you might as well get the high quality model. My personal sPotmatic fantasy is to find a nice fisheye and super telephoto for my Spotmatics. I saw a mint 17mm fisheye M42 mount go for about $150 the other day on Ebay; that would have been $600+ for almost any other major brand name camera. I know a woman who got a 1000mm (non-mirror) M42 lens for $200. Now that's a heck of a deal!!!

Whoa! That sounds like a nice lens. I will look out for the takumar lens'. thanks for the help (once again :))

Most reactions

Back