D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first time here at this park / monument. Initially I went to try and catch the supermoon but it didn't pan out. Great place for some sunset and sunstars though.

Kambanite is a park that consists of this monument as well as 2 semi-circular structures containing bells from multiple countries.
As can be seen from my post in the weekly challenge - at the right angles, you get a beautiful heart shape from the "Globe" part of the structure.

Standing 37M and consisting of 4 main pillars, the sphere at the top represents the Earth, The 7 Bells hung in a spiral pattern in the middle of the sphere represent the continents. I don't want to recite any wiki pages on this place - you can feel free to research if you have more interest.

But a couple of interesting facts:

– this is the largest percussion instrument in Europe
– one of the Latin American bells witnessed a real public revolt
– 133 is the total number of bells on the monument
– 1300 kg is the weight of the Bulgarian bell – in honour of the 1300 anniversary of the country’s foundation in 681
– the monument’s sculptors are Krum Damyanov and Mihail Benchev

Having shot nothing but sunrises for so long it was a nice change and as the park is not very popular it was a peaceful place to have a few beers, shoot and relax.. Tried a little different editing on this one (and the one in the weekly challenge) so be interested on any feedback.

I chose not to try and straighten / correct the distortion, I like how it plays..

D850 - 24mm - f/11 - ISO200 - 1/400

EDIT: I had to add the "border" which is a stretched version of the original image with a field blur applied in order to comply with the accepted 8x10 standard..

Kambanite_Sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Unusual; Is it the edit or the subject that isn't so striking?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back