Kamyar

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the best outdoor location near my apartment, and with the great weather we're finally having this week it's been really easy to set up lots of test shoots.This is my favorite shot so far from a shoot I did yesterday.

Shot in all natural light.
Canon 5D MKI | Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/10 | 1/1250th sec | ISO 800
_mg_8864_by_danostergren-dc98wva.jpg

Canon 5D MKI | Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/5.6 | 1/250th sec | ISO 800
_mg_8894_by_danostergren-dc98wvn.jpg

Last edited:
I like the second one, but the first is really special. Not only is there your usual masterful use of light and shadowplay, but looking beyond portraiture, this is a great graphic and textural image. All the triangles and lines, and the drama of the sky really balances it and keeps the visual drama beyond the subject of the portrait. Beautiful!

i like the 2nd, nicely done!

I like the second one, but the first is really special. Not only is there your usual masterful use of light and shadowplay, but looking beyond portraiture, this is a great graphic and textural image. All the triangles and lines, and the drama of the sky really balances it and keeps the visual drama beyond the subject of the portrait. Beautiful!
Thank you. The nature area that I shot these in is literally right behind my apartment, spans for at least 10 miles, and is open to the public with no permit required for shooting. It has a bunch of towers like that one, and they give me a lot to work with in terms of playing with the composition.

Both are excellent, but something about #2 really stands out to me. Perhaps its the simultaneous contrast between the model and the tall reeds and the similarities in tones and vertical lines. I really like it!

Both are excellent, but something about #2 really stands out to me. Perhaps its the simultaneous contrast between the model and the tall reeds and the similarities in tones and vertical lines. I really like it!
Thank you. When I shoot and when I edit I try to make sure there is some color harmony in the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back