Kansas!

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone, its been a while since ive posted. ive really been workin on my techniques and advice everyone has given me. please give me all the opinions and C&C you want. ALL OF THESE TAKEN WITH NIKON L11 POINT AND SHOOT.

got out of school one day for a snow day and went with my dad on his propane route. Got some photos around the country side. Kansas is not known for its stunning beauty, but i think it looked pretty darn good in this snowy weather.

1. snowing VERY hard
barn.jpg

2. (I wonder if any of you know what this is :))

Brutus.jpg

barbedwire.jpg

4. We had to stop to scrape the ice off the windshield and i jumped out and snapped this. it was snowing extremely hard
(I know there are probably many technical problems with this photo but I think it turned out good)
Copy4ofCopyofsnowday050.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, is #2 Big Brutus? My husband grew up in Parsons. :D

I like #2 but would probably crop out some of the bottom. Same with #4 only I would crop out a bunch of the sky. And probably increase contrast a bit. Nice job with these, though. It's tough to shoot in heavy snow and not get a bunch of flakes in your foreground.

Hey, is #2 Big Brutus? My husband grew up in Parsons. :D

I like #2 but would probably crop out some of the bottom. Same with #4 only I would crop out a bunch of the sky. And probably increase contrast a bit. Nice job with these, though. It's tough to shoot in heavy snow and not get a bunch of flakes in your foreground.

yep, big brutus. thanks for the help!

I like #3. Good lines and perspective. Wish the DOF would have had the wire going from completely in focus to blur though.

my favorites are 3 & 4.
i like four...maybe some more contrast, maybe crop the top a little bit.

Most reactions

Back