Kara & Laura

momof3girls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any C&C is welcome...trying to learn.

Engage your models in conversation while shooting. I feel the poses look too forced.

okay so other than the shots looking "forced", do the other aspects of the photos suck too? I thought they were decent...maybe not.

It's not necessarily that they look forced as if you placed her...they look awkward...let her just walk to the tree and tell her to freeze then move her face so that you can adjust accordingly. It also looks better when you move around the model instead of the model moving around you.

Also, I don't know if this will sound right, but I was taught that you have Masculine and Feminine lighting/posing. You don't ever want a girl's shoulders straight toward you b/c she will look more butch where a guy would want to look like that. Same thing with the head. The little tilts and turns matter. So in the same picture have her tilt to the left and then the right and turn this way and that way and get 10 diff images all due to her head movement. THen pick what you like and erase the rest.

No I understand...I am totally new to portrait photography and trying to learn as much as I can, so any help is appreciated. Thanks for posting!

hmm, most has been said... the poses, and even more their smiles look forced.

try to communicate, make thme laugh, make them relax. and shoot not only right in the laughter, but also seconds after ... those seconds can be a goldmine :D

oh, and white balance is an issue on the background in all shots except the last one.

Most reactions

Back