Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Three image focus stack.

Sony A7RV. Sony 16-35mm PZ G.

F16. 2sec. 16mm. Iso200.
C-Pol Filter.

_NRG5762-02.jpg

This is very well done. Disclaimer here: I know nothing about stacking images, being pretty much all analog/all the time. So my comments come from a place where I don't know how you did what you did to get your final result. ;)

I would personally have liked to see more of the lovely misty light that's in the top of the frame. For me there's too much of the frame showing the brown water and rocks. It's pretty, and shows movement of the water, I just would like no more than the bottom third, say, dedicated to that, and more of the misty ethereal quality that the falls are providing.

Just my two cents! :)

This is very well done. Disclaimer here: I know nothing about stacking images, being pretty much all analog/all the time. So my comments come from a place where I don't know how you did what you did to get your final result. ;)

I would personally have liked to see more of the lovely misty light that's in the top of the frame. For me there's too much of the frame showing the brown water and rocks. It's pretty, and shows movement of the water, I just would like no more than the bottom third, say, dedicated to that, and more of the misty ethereal quality that the falls are providing.

Just my two cents! :)

Focus stacking is very simple. A few seconds on camera then a few seconds in post processing, there's nothing to it!

The reason it is quite dark on the front left of this image is because there's a huge tree hanging just out of the frame. I like my images to be really clean and as simplistic as possible, so having something like a tree branch hanging in it generally doesn't work for me. Unless the trunk is there to show it's foundation then it may be a different story.

Something like you're suggesting would be a great image for comparison. Next time I'm around there I will do my best to make it happen, I might do something to make the tree work in the shot. Nice idea Terri. 😃

Thank you for the explanation/education! I appreciate it. :)

It would be fun to see another version of this. I figured something might be going on up there to interfere with this particular vantage point. We all love trees, but they can certainly extend into the frame in undesirable ways.

Thank you for the explanation/education! I appreciate it. :)

It would be fun to see another version of this. I figured something might be going on up there to interfere with this particular vantage point. We all love trees, but they can certainly extend into the frame in undesirable ways.

Once you break pretty much anything in life down, you realise everything is simple. The idea that everything is complex stops a lot of people from doing a lot of things. I had a friend who has been doing photography for longer than I have say to me a few days ago that he doesn't really understand what aperture is. I was a bit startled by that but explained the exposure triangle in simple terms, then he understood. His problem was that he just assumed there was way more to it. That started by him stating that he didn't really understand what f5.6-f6.3 written on the side of the Sony 200-600mm meant...

Challenge accepted, Terri... 🌞

Last edited:
I, on the other hand, like the foreground in this photo. I feel like I'm there, with the water flowing around me. Nice composition and colors in this one.

Very nice shot, good feeling of motion.

I, on the other hand, like the foreground in this photo. I feel like I'm there, with the water flowing around me. Nice composition and colors in this one.

Very nice shot, good feeling of motion.

Thanks guys. My goal when editing is to make it feel the same as it did when I was there, so to hear that comment is pretty much the ultimate compliment for me. 😃

Most reactions

New Topics

Back