What's new

Kauai

Actually, OP I have a question. In the picture of the dude with fire, how the hell did you get all that without any visible motion blur on his hand? He must have been moving fairly quickly. I don't think you were using flash with rear curtain sync...
 
Thanks guys. Hoping that one day my stuff is good enough to open a gallery on the islands.
 
Actually, OP I have a question. In the picture of the dude with fire, how the hell did you get all that without any visible motion blur on his hand? He must have been moving fairly quickly. I don't think you were using flash with rear curtain sync...

I have a bunch from last summer with longer exposures. The fire creates an entire ring, but the person is always extremely blurred. Since I already have the "fire ring" shot that you see on luau brochures, I wanted a different look this time. I bumped up my ISO and dropped it to 2.8 to get a shutter speed fast enough to just barely freeze the subject. About 1/5 were moving fast enough that I captured patterns in the fire, though the subject remained in focus. I guess it's a happy middle-ground between blurry and frozen/lifeless.
 
Thanks everyone!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom