Kay's Island

soulfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
3286e8fb.jpg

I used my trusty ole' Canon T70, Sakar 75-300mm macro/zoom lens, Fujichrome Superia 200 slide film and this was shot at the "bad" time of day, but since it tends to be the only time I am available, I seem to shoot most then..anyway, any comments are appreciated..

I like this shot. I like the mood. I don't care too much for the out-of-place "hotspot", but you managed to capture a moment worth remembering.

Your shot is one of the more puristic submissions. I don't detect any PShop treatment. A great percentage of submissions are post processed. You did good

thanks very much, I think the hot spot you were refering to is from the scan, once again, the slide seems to be perfect and crisp, but scan shows artifacts or noise, or whatever...no PS other than to use it to post with or sometime crop, rarely anything else

soulfly said:
I think the hot spot you were refering to is from the scan, once again, the slide seems to be perfect and crisp,

The Slide must undoubtedly be awesome!!!
The "hotspot" I'm referring to is a term which one of the members on this forum recently coined. It referrs to one of the 4 intersections when the rule of thirds is applied.

The "hotspot" in your photo would place the island of trees just a tat closer to the left margin and maybe a little closer toward the bottom of the frame. You could crop the left margin to effectively define the hotspot, but there is too much beautiful detail in that area to give up. I'd keep it just the way it is.

The reflections on the water are breath-taking.

thanks for the explenation...i thought you might be refering to the whiteness around the little island..but, I think that is from my monitor. The lakes out here are so pretty in fall, I am just about surrounded by them..I think we have about 9 within a 10 or 15 mile radious..

Moni, I must agree about the noise, but, it all seems to come from the scan since the slide shows none...oh well!

the composition is nice and I understand about the "bad" times of day. I jsut wish the leaves could be a little more vibrant.

Most reactions

Back