What's new

Keeee-Rack!

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a fun capture of a kid doing batting practice...he made it easy for me to make the shot because he rarely missed..so I could anticipate the swing and connection.

$8378892496_f9a8038b6d_o.webp
 
Wish his face wasn't hidden by his arm. But looks like fun!
 
He doesn't look like a kid, but fun shot!
 
I find baseball shots work best from the opposite side of the plate.
 
First for me...I didn't have access to that side of the field and even if I did, not sure I wanted to be there with him...he seemed to like to shank them into the dugout a lot...nearly popped one through his mother's skull one time. :wink: Old kid but still not older than 19 or 20.

The face thing frustrated me to no end and I will try to shoot from the opposite side next time to see if I can get around this. Appreciate everyone's comments. This and the bird shot were the first shots with a new 70-200 and 1.t tele-converter so as much as anything else, I was learning how to shoot with that much weight slung off the end of an already heavy camera.

I shot this one at f: 4.8, ISO 200, 1/800 Matrix metering, hand held (though going to use the monopod next time) and shutter priority...any recommendations beyond these settings?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom