Keep It or Ditch It?

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm on the fence about keeping my current camera, a Canon 80D + various lenses or selling them and buying a Sony Cyber‑Shot RX10 IV. I've read reviews on the Sony and I like it's features but the one thing I like about it above all the rest is that is focuses very quickly and produces some very detailed images. I've seen pictures on this site that were taken with the Sony and I'm impressed with it's sharpness but what the pictures don't tell me is does the Sony perform like that 'consistently' or is it like my Canon that only 'occasionally' focuses well on birds in flight and birds at distance. I've micro adjusted my camera and lenses which helped but I'm still not 100% happy with it's performance. I understand a better lens might help with faster/more accurate focusing but i don't want to spend a lot more $$$$ on a lens just to replace another with the same duties.
I like the pictures my Canon takes when it focuses as intended but even then they just aren't as crisp nor have the level of detail of the Sony, at lest from my experience/what I've seen. I'm mostly talking to those that have experienced what I'm experiencing and have switched to the/a Sony. What say you?

Hmmmmm, that's a tough call mate. I know I'd miss the bodies and lenses I've accrued over the years but the upside is the smaller load you'd have to lug about.

It's got Zeiss glass on it so it's quality. Tough, tough, tough decision but I wish you luck.

Hmmmmm, that's a tough call mate. I know I'd miss the bodies and lenses I've accrued over the years but the upside is the smaller load you'd have to lug about.

It's got Zeiss glass on it so it's quality. Tough, tough, tough decision but I wish you luck.

I agree with everything you said and less weight is a big factor to consider when you have to walk for miles at times. Thanks for your input.

Most reactions

Back