Keep or trash? Swamp

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On the fence about this one. I spent way too long editing it which usually means that photos sucks.

swamp by runnah555, on Flickr

As you have spent a load of time editing it you might as well keep it until you have a chance to re-shoot. For some reason it looks very HDRish, was it a bracketed shot?
Clouds do look excellent tho

Somehow, the overall "mood" of the sky doesn't seem to match what I see in the reflection.
That, and the fact that the fallen tree keeps drawing my eye, making itself the "subject" of the photo--but since it's not a very compelling subject (to me anyway), it just doesn't quite do anything for me.

EDIT: I think the reason for my perceived mismatch between the sky and the reflection is that the sky has that little bit of blue off to the left. I realize that it's completely plausible the blue was just not where it would have been reflected, it's just that it creates this "disconnect" in my brain that says something's not quite right.

I kinda like this but it looks a bit like something Bob Ross would paint....

Your highest contrast area is wayyyy up at the top. The stick is competing, but pointing to nowhere. The reflections are lost and coming in a distant third in the competition for my eyes, but they're far and away the most interesting thing in the picture:

$foo.jpg

Thanks. I see this spot on my bike rid everyday and try to make something out of it.

Better luck next time I guess.

Most reactions

Back