KEH Question

gw2424

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all if this is the wrong thread I apologize.

Anyways, I am considering purchasing a Canon 70-200 f2.8 from KEH.com. The Equipment grade is "Ugly" which concerns me. Has anyone purchase an optically o.k "Ugly" grade lens from KEH? I will let you guys know of the result if I take a stab at it.

Replies are always appreciated!

Thanks,

GW

I wouldn't go to the ugly rating.

I've bought bargain grade stuff that turned out to be amazing. And then I've bought bargain grade stuff that I returned because of issues that to were functional in nature.

I bought a lens that had a zoom ring that was so stiff as to be unusable. It was listed as bargain. I sent it back and they accepted the return no questions asked.

They do have a great return policy.

You would have to call and ask. An ugly rating doesn't always refer to the glass. Think of a pro sports photog who uses the hell out of their 300mm or 400mm f2.8. It could be beat to **** but still have clean glass and focus properly. But call first of course.

The lowest I would go is bargain. I've gotten a lot off of them. Most bargain grade is really good.

I think it was coastalconn who has purchased the items on the lower end of the grade scale at KEH, you might want to try messaging him. If I remember correctly he had great results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back