Kelsey.

ikidzeroi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Crazy bright day so did a few with very overexposed backgrounds and it seemed to work out pretty well.
Nikon D40x mated with 35mm 1.8 Af-s

DSC_8211copy.jpg

DSC_8195copy.jpg

DSC_8220copy.jpg

DSC_8124.jpg

DSC_8164copy.jpg

CC always please.

#3 is stunning to me...
4, the background seems a bit too bright...but her eyes look amazing...
I love #1, just wish the background wasnt quite so bright again...

the 2nd one is beautiful. her eyes are amazing.

Amazing shots! #2 is my favorite, love the eyes! Would you be willing to share what lighting/pp you used?

Amazing shots! #2 is my favorite, love the eyes! Would you be willing to share what lighting/pp you used?

no lighting setup just Exposure locked on her face every time to ensure proper exposure on the subject. (this is why the background is so blown out).

PP = Several layers boosting contrast and smallish green overlays set on the bright side to make the highlights come out more. Then slight vignette adding using distort in CS3. Final 2 layers used for Sharpening the subject using High pass or unsharp mask.

no lighting setup just Exposure locked on her face every time to ensure proper exposure on the subject. (this is why the background is so blown out).

PP = Several layers boosting contrast and smallish green overlays set on the bright side to make the highlights come out more. Then slight vignette adding using distort in CS3. Final 2 layers used for Sharpening the subject using High pass or unsharp mask.

Sweet, thanks! :D

Nice work! I agree, expose for the face and let the background fall where it may. I love backlit shots like these.

Gorgeous woman. But rotate the camera!!!!!!!! Shots 2,3,4,and 5 would have been good shots with the camera rotated to portrait orientation. Shot #1 has enough of a background setting that a horizontal photo makes at least some sense.

First of all, beautiful model, especially the eyes and the smile. Lucky photographer.

I agree the last four would do better as verticals, although 5 is acceptable as is. I could see at least an hour of fun trying to re-crop these.

The first one is a standout to me, and I wouldn't change a thing save for the green bias. If anything, the blown out background adds to the photo.

The best part, you caught a look in every one of them. I assume you are to be commended for that. Congrats!:thumbup:

im a sucker for this type of tonality.
win.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back