What's new

Kids, Beach, Lollipop C&C

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
448
Reaction score
4
Location
Tacoma, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1/400, F/6.3, ISO 200
4576785755_52c8f0ecc2_b.jpg


2. 1/2000, F/3.8, ISO 200
4576797541_cd96a6b950_b.jpg


3. 1/2000, F/3.8, ISO 200
4577431126_d49bc8a35d_b.jpg


4. I had messed up the shot of both kids on the log but loved the expression of the little boy so cropped it down to this:
4577417728_9457db7e97_b.jpg
 
Excellent shots imo. 2 and 3 are my fav. Such CUTE kids!
 
Those are darling! I LOVE the lollipop idea, I may try it if you don't mind!

2 and 3 are my favorite too! That girl's eyelashes are to die for!
 
Of course you can use the lollipop idea! It was actually my wife's idea ;-) These are cousins and the moms are really excited to see how they came out.
 
Great shots!! I love them, very clear. Love the eyes!!
 
Here's the B&W version of #3. Which one do you think is better?
4577557064_424c64d29c_b.jpg
 
Red Filter:
indeedred.jpg


Blue Filter: (effective for those blue eyes... not so great for skin tone)
indeedblue.jpg


Pretty cool what you can do when converting to b&w I think. Could mix the two and get a cool result..:
indeedrmix.jpg


I like your original color version the most though.
 
Last edited:
I love the first black and white without a filter, although the blue filter really makes his eyes look great!!
 
I'm really a noob myself, but I do have a comment:
in the 1st pic, the cropping is kinda tight and the kid's heads are dangerously close to the top of the frame. In the one of the boy that was converted to black and white, his arm is cut off a bit and I find it distracting.
Otherwise, such a cute idea - and the colors are great!
 
I'm really a noob myself, but I do have a comment:
in the 1st pic, the cropping is kinda tight and the kid's heads are dangerously close to the top of the frame. In the one of the boy that was converted to black and white, his arm is cut off a bit and I find it distracting.
Otherwise, such a cute idea - and the colors are great!

You're right. The cropping in those two picutres is distracting. At the beginning of the shoot I was shooting with my 70-200 and found it too hard to get a nice even composition. That's what happened in the 1st one. Halfway through I switched to the 24-70 which was easier to leave ample room for me to work with in post. The one with the little boy was just a bad timing. I'm learning it's much more difficult to get the composition I want when dealing with little kids. I was adjusting my camera and all of a sudden he popped his head above the log and stuck his tongue out lol.

Thanks for the comments and critiques. It's things I'm aware of but hearing it from others firms up my beliefs on what I need to continue to work on.
 
Cute idea well done! I agree that cropping is excessive but good shots!
 
I like them all, the one with the lollipops would be pretty cool with selective coloring
 
Other than what has been said, I really think they turned out great.

Color works best for me, but still, the BW are not bad either.
 
Thanks everyone. I have to assure you I did not crop those though. That was straight out of camera. I again agree with everyone that the framing is too tight and will watch out for this in the future.

And I'm a fan of the color ones as well but lately I've been converting to B&W and have quite enjoyed them. As far as selective coloring on the lollipop I think it would detract from my main goal which was taking pictures of the kids and getting there expressions. Perhaps when I'm bored one day I'll play around a bit more with them. For now though they're off the to prospective parents to be printed, framed, and dished out for Mother's Day.
 
Nice work! Did you use fill flash? They look great.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom