What's new

Unidentified Little Critters

jeffashman21 5

Level 40 Squirrel Warrior
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
Messages
16,146
Reaction score
11,050
Location
The Colony, Texas, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't figured out what these are yet. They are less than 1mm in length, to give you and idea of how tiny they are. I used the EOS R7 and a 42mm extension tube paired with the Helios 44M-4 manual lens hand-held on the first image, and 36mm extension tube with the same lens with the camera on a tripod. No flash. It was breezy and so I had to wait for the flower stem to stop moving. I tried both the pseudo-macro Tamron 18-400mm lens and the Sigma 105mm lens, but neither one gave me what I wanted. These turned out OK, but don't pixel peep too deep, you'll be disappointed. :) Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

1 1/2000 f/8.5 ISO 16000
aug20202401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 1/320 f/8.5 ISO 640
aug20202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
 
I haven't figured out what these are yet. They are less than 1mm in length, to give you and idea of how tiny they are. I used the EOS R7 and a 42mm extension tube paired with the Helios 44M-4 manual lens hand-held on the first image, and 36mm extension tube with the same lens with the camera on a tripod. No flash. It was breezy and so I had to wait for the flower stem to stop moving. I tried both the pseudo-macro Tamron 18-400mm lens and the Sigma 105mm lens, but neither one gave me what I wanted. These turned out OK, but don't pixel peep too deep, you'll be disappointed. :) Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

1 1/2000 f/8.5 ISO 16000
aug20202401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 1/320 f/8.5 ISO 640
aug20202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
Great shots! Not a clue.
 
Great shots! Not a clue.
Thanks!
Nice shots but not even google could tell me what they are ...
Thanks! Common green shieldbugs...
Shieldbug eggs when I found some once I had a surprise - I had this emerge - parasatoids

IMG_0757_Wasp by davholla2002, on Flickr
Thanks, common green shieldbugs to be precise. I did a search for shieldbug eggs and found an image with the same little critters. Not sure I want that many shieldbugs in my garden...
 
Thanks!

Thanks! Common green shieldbugs...

Thanks, common green shieldbugs to be precise. I did a search for shieldbug eggs and found an image with the same little critters. Not sure I want that many shieldbugs in my garden...
I don't think they are green shield bug (Palomena prasina) as they are only in Europe.
 
Thanks, common green shieldbugs to be precise. I did a search for shieldbug eggs and found an image with the same little critters. Not sure I want that many shieldbugs in my garden...
They are bugs (hemipterans) but I believe these are Stink Bugs. Genus Halyomorpha.
 
I haven't figured out what these are yet. They are less than 1mm in length, to give you and idea of how tiny they are. I used the EOS R7 and a 42mm extension tube paired with the Helios 44M-4 manual lens hand-held on the first image, and 36mm extension tube with the same lens with the camera on a tripod. No flash. It was breezy and so I had to wait for the flower stem to stop moving. I tried both the pseudo-macro Tamron 18-400mm lens and the Sigma 105mm lens, but neither one gave me what I wanted. These turned out OK, but don't pixel peep too deep, you'll be disappointed. :) Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

1 1/2000 f/8.5 ISO 16000
aug20202401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 1/320 f/8.5 ISO 640
aug20202402 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
Your a dad again🤣, good find there jeff I've never seen these.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom