Kika the Kat!

Winston Deckard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How about these shots of a very patient model?

I only used natural light because the model simply won't tolerate any sort of flash. :mrgreen:

Comments, critique welcome. Always wanting to improve!

008copyweb.jpg

013copyweb.jpg

019copyweb.jpg

020copyweb.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8568/013copyweb.jpg

Very cute! Although I get the feeling that if I met her, she might decide I'm not worthy of looking upon her. :p

In #1, I like the head-on look and the clear glare of her eyes. It's by far (for me) the most interesting and direct of the photos.

As a technical detail, in #4, the blurry back eye is disconcerting -- the front eye is nice and sharp, and I feel that the blurry eye makes it a bit unbalanced.

Nice cat you've got there :) and I guess she's a house cat because she seems to be very patient lol. Her eyes kinda look like those eyes of reptiles, kinda a lil bit creepy and mysterious but still very beautiful. hmm may I ask you why is there a red dot in her left eye? has it been injured or something?

cute cat. her nose is a TAD soft, so I would utilize a larger DOF next time. first shot is the only one that stands out to me.

Thanks for the comments so far. :thumbup:

Looks like #1 is getting better feedback so far. Both dcclark and molsen mentioned technical shortcomings related to DOF in other shots so I'll need to look into DOF issues more carefully next time. Although I must say that using only natural light makes things a little harder there. It's a bit trial and error, I guess.

Hobbes, as far as I know the cat has never been injured in the eye. I suppose the red dot must be part of the iris' natural coloring. She is a house cat and I also think her eyes are lovely. I tried to capture that in #1 and #4 while keeping the black and white as the common thread to the series.

considering you're shooting at ISO 100, you can probably bump it up to 400 with no real detriment and be able to up your f-stop to f/5.6 or so.

considering you're shooting at ISO 100, you can probably bump it up to 400 with no real detriment and be able to up your f-stop to f/5.6 or so.

You're right! I'll definitely keep that in mind next time. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back