Kind of hollywood look.

CreativeSnaps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to give these an old Hollywood look.

Attachments

• $646110.jpg
    $646110.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 84
  • $646111.jpg
    $646111.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 67
  • $646112.jpg
    $646112.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 66
Yeah, they have sort of an old Hollywood look, but with a modern,clean digital look. Better than "old Hollywood". I really like the first shot--just a super result on that one! PERFECT match of clothing, framing, woman, and lighting and post processing! Just killer-good! Best single photo I have seen all day so far (and today I have probably been exposed to 350 pictures already...)

Second shot is pretty good too. For me, it's hard not to like bountiful bosom spilling out of a satiny dress, ya' know?

The third shot feels just a bit "constrained" by the borders of the image; I think there needs to be a bit more space on the left, where the apple approaches the frame edge...her thumb and the apple are both so,so close to the frame edge that it's creating visual tension and drawing my attention away from her face and right to...her thumb...

Yeah, they have sort of an old Hollywood look, but with a modern,clean digital look. Better than "old Hollywood". I really like the first shot--just a super result on that one! PERFECT match of clothing, framing, woman, and lighting and post processing! Just killer-good! Best single photo I have seen all day so far (and today I have probably been exposed to 350 pictures already...)

Second shot is pretty good too. For me, it's hard not to like bountiful bosom spilling out of a satiny dress, ya' know?

The third shot feels just a bit "constrained" by the borders of the image; I think there needs to be a bit more space on the left, where the apple approaches the frame edge...her thumb and the apple are both so,so close to the frame edge that it's creating visual tension and drawing my attention away from her face and right to...her thumb...

Thanks for your feedback Derrel, Its much appreciated.
Glad you like the 1st as its one of my favourites. I know what you mean about 2 :). The 3rd shot was taken about 5/6 yrs ago when I was just starting out with lighting and taking photography more serious..

Funny, I really like the third one. It makes me think of Snow White.

I would also say that these demonstrate the PROPER and APPROPRIATE way to use a strong vignette (which are overly and incorrectly applied in a lot of the noob pics on the forum). Well done!

Excellent work! I too find the third one the strongest of the set. I can easily see that being a 30s vintage image for a CB Demille picture. Well shot.

Excellent set! Very nicely done! :)

I see photos like this...and I realize I have so much work to do. They look beautiful. I really like the 2nd one- just stunning.

Very successful.

I like 1 and 2, 3 is OK as well.

XLNT!

I see photos like this...and I realize I have so much work to do. They look beautiful. I really like the 2nd one- just stunning.

Don't know about the OP pix. But many togs don't do it all alone. Asssitants, makeup artists, pro models, hair people, pro retouchers, art directors, fixers, location managers, prop people, nice studio, lots of equipment etc.

Here is a pix of Mary Ellen Marks crew for her Twins project...

(Image removed - violates forum policy)

But all that stuff or not...they still must have talent.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back