King Fishers Everywhere !!!! pic heavy..

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
today was the worst lighting ever, horrible day for photography but huge a score today anyways. i have never spent so much time on lightroom.

i just went back and added some noise reduction to 4-5-6-7 and now they look much better but ill just leave the original ones here. too may photos posted to change them out

DSC_1759.jpg

DSC_1771.jpg

DSC_1774.jpg

DSC_1789.jpg

DSC_1793.jpg

DSC_1802.jpg

DSC_1805.jpg

DSC_1811.jpg

DSC_1844.jpg

DSC_1848.jpg

DSC_1849.jpg

DSC_1872.jpg

DSC_1896.jpg

DSC_1916.jpg

Last edited:
thanks. i never though i would find a king fisher, at first they would come and go come and go on these trees that were really far out. finally a couple of them came close and just set in the dead trees looking for something to eat.

i used the dehaze slider on these, crank it up too high and the images started to look really dark and contrasty. basically i did what i could to pull out the most detail in the birds. i would have liked to have darkened some of them up but than the birds just lost detail. so i guess it is what it is.

its really overcast and the lighting was very bad. but i got what i got what i could and did my best to make it look good.

Yup - there are days where I get back home and say 'At least I got out, smelled the roses, relaxed, and got some exercise'.

some of them turned out pretty descent i think. it was fun to get out. i got a few good shots of a great blue heron, a green heron and some wood ducks. i just cant seem to like the photos of the wood ducks, not sure why either..

Nice Shots,Nice Bird.

Thanks, this is the first time i have seen a king fisher, a guy that was there was saying the king fisher is there all the time. i might go back today and hope i see him..

there were 2 or 3 of them, my friend got a photo of 2 of them flying in the same shot right before we left.

Great shots. I have been trying for years to get a decent shot of one. They are not too common here and usually they take off quickly when I do see one.

i had never saw one before. my friend says come quick there is a king fisher. he was way out on top of a dead tree. and i said well at least i can get a photo of the outline of a king fisher which i did. about 30 min later he flew over near us, did some fishing and stayed pretty close for a good 30-40 min or so. than the other ones were flying back and forth for a while. i was pretty excited...

here are the photos from when i fist saw him.. before light room it was just a bright white washed out background and a black outline of the bird. than i cropped the photo like crazy and was able to dial in some detail..

DSC_1626.jpg
DSC_1632.jpg

What Woodsman said. I think in the last 5 years I've had three opportunities at these guys and had limited success once. Very nice set!

Thanks.. i do feel luck to have got this opportunity, went back and he was there again today. the lightning was great today.

Most reactions

Back