King of the Corvids

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not that common- expect when clipped and kept in the Tower of London- It is a RAVEN see here on a Power pylon on the Somerset levels

A first for me in this area and I was surprised to see him, I heard him first as they have a very distinctive call - no other like it

A majestic bird and quite large- & with a little hiding and stalking, I got close enough to grab the shot- Not too keen on his location, But a RAVEN :) So please forgive where he is - Not my best shot but its a RAVEN lol

Sony a9 + Sony 200-600mm G lens

ivCB1tt.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:
Thank you Jeff- Mot sure about the location although not much I could do about that :)

Les
We have them here in North Texas. It's been said that if you set up a feeder for them with raw unshelled peanuts, they will eventually start to bring trinkets they find and leave them at the feeder in exchange for the peanuts.. The are very clever birds.

Black feathers are usually hard to draw much detail from, but you had good light on the raven, and it looks great. If I can ignore constant nagging, I can ignore a metal structure in a picture. :wink-6:

Black feathers are usually hard to draw much detail from, but you had good light on the raven, and it looks great. If I can ignore constant nagging, I can ignore a metal structure in a picture. :wink-6:
I actually think the metal works in this one, with a steam punk sort of theme.

We have them here in North Texas. It's been said that if you set up a feeder for them with raw unshelled peanuts, they will eventually start to bring trinkets they find and leave them at the feeder in exchange for the peanuts.. The are very clever birds.
I have seen how clever they can be, very intelligent indeed- I don't ever see them around my home- be nice to get some trinkets though :)
I try to ignore nagging - I just switch off :) Something I have learned to do over the years Kirk:)
As said- never work with Children or Animals Jeff , both are unpredictable :)

Nice shot.

Black feather detail is harder to get than white. Nice work!

Yes, the color of his bill and the colors of the steel work well together.

Nice Les, we get lots of crows and jackdaws, but very few ravens about my neck of the woods either!
Thank you Pete- I hear them often- but getting a photograph is somewhat challenging :)
Yes, the color of his bill and the colors of the steel work well together.
Thank you :)

Les

Most reactions

Back