What's new

Kobre light scoop ?

amwolf2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Has anyone used Kobre's lightscoop with their pop up flash? does it work good? is it worth the money or should i just save the money towards a speedlite flash?

thanks!
Amy
 
A friend of mine got one, he said it's "interesting".

I have the Gary Fong Puffer and it works as advertised, I also have the SB-400 (sale pending) which is an awesome little flash with bounce ability.
 
the lightscoop rocks for making great photos indoors- it is cheap, convenient and easy to use. I found out about it through twitter. @lightscoop has a lot of info and conversations
 
If you use it in a room with relatively low ceilings (standard house room, what is that 8 - 10 ft?) and your suject is not too far away this will enhance your flash quality and the lighting.

Anytime you can use the ceiling to bounce from the quality of light is imporved.

The limitation will be the flash power of the camera's flash, the ceiling height, and distance to subject. Pumping up the ISO a bit will help to lessen how much flash power is needed.

Nothing weill replace a speedlight, and I would still save for one if you are doing a lot flash pictures. It can broaden what you will be able to achieve.

Anyway, it looks useful. If I didn't have a speedlight already I would get something like this myself.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom