kodak black and white 400

skatephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I found a roll lying around and i was wondering if i would be able to process it in the same chemicals i used in processing my previous rolls(t-max, and tri-x 400). I not even sure what chemicals i used in school. I looked up the kodak black and white 400 and it said it uses c-41 and can be also used for color prints. Do all b&w films use the same chemicals?

not all Black and white uses the same mix. there are c-41 black and whites and i believe the one you are referring to is one of them.

No they don't...

If it is a traditional B&W film it will use the black and white chems that you are used to... But Kodak and a few other film makers introduced B&W film that is meant to be processed in regular color chems (in an effort to give people who wanted to try black and white photography and easy way to get started... at least thats my guess)

TMAX 400 and Tri-x use D76 to process. Whereas the roll that you have uses c41, it is processed in color chems but still yields B&W photos. You can take it to any photo-finisher to process and develop. It is similar to the color films that we process through the one-hr photo finishing.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back