Kodak Brownie 2A

nreed_94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
Could somebody take a look at the photos of my Kodak Brownie 2A and determine roughly what year it is? The Brownie 2A had different models and variations. I think this is one of the earlier models just based on the looks of the latches, but I want a second opinion. The camera has a cardboard body, with what looks like a wooden panel on the inside back cover. I don't have this camera with me right now, so all I have are the photos posted below. Any date range estimate would be great! Thanks.

Attachments

• $DSC_0004-001.JPG
    $DSC_0004-001.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
  • $DSC_0006.JPG
    $DSC_0006.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Looks like a No. 3 Brownie ... without the trigger guard.

Ah, I am not right ... yours is thinner, so it would be a No. 2

Looks like a No. 3 Brownie ... without the trigger guard.

Ah, I am not right ... yours is thinner, so it would be a No. 2

It is a No. 2A. The leather handle on top actually says 2A on it. I'm just not sure what model it is. I believe there were three models. I know that the later C model had a metal body, making this either A or B. The 2A was produced from 1907-1924, and over the years it went through some changes, mainly to the latches and shutter release. Some of the features on this camera might be able to determine it's age. I don't know enough about the differences to know which one it is. I think it is an A model, but I'm still not sure.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back