Kodak Indicator Stop Bath

Plus $6.24 for the water.
:scratch:
Why do you need distilled water for stop bath? It's not drying on the film or anything. There's way more crap floating around in once-used developer or once-used fixer, for instance, than in tap water. 24 L of tap = 1 penny

10 minutes of my time and a week for delivery is not a big deal for me when I'm buying something I'll still be using 2 years later. Not sure about you, but it takes me a long time to shoot that many rolls of film. :lol:
In actuality, I find it annoying to funnel my stop bath back into the container, and usually only use it once or maybe twice, so the cost matter more too for that reason.

I just use distilled water for everything. I had water quality issues once, so I don't want to take any chances now. Water is too cheap to worry about the difference in cost of tap water vs. distilled water.

The only thing I don't use distilled water for is washing. Fixer and stop bath are the only chemicals I ever reuse, and my funnel has a wire mesh filter in it. (Well, for B&W anyway. I obviously reuse everything in a C-41 kit till it's expended.)

Most reactions

Back