B&W film completely clear

Discussion in 'The Darkroom' started by Radu Furnea, May 9, 2019.

1. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    That, or your shutter has failed. This would be easy to check.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Mis-load or developing and un-shot roll are, I think, the two most-likely causes...
    Then, shutter failure or other camera failure... like thinking you are on A mode, but really being at 1/2000 se or 1/4000 second and wayyyyyyyy under-exposing film, but usually ( but not always) be a very faint image on at least 1 frame.

With 135 cartridge-load film SLRs, watching the rewind crank spin in-reverse when advancing frames during the roll is the typical safeguard against mis-loads.

3. dxqcanada

dxqcanada Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Having worked in a photolab ... you are not the first person to get an unexposed roll of film developed ... and you would not be the only person to do that more than once, and keep coming back !!!
    I personally have developed a lot of rolls that I realized afterward that I #$%^d up.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. webestang64

webestang64 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Preach.......had a few blank rolls this week at the lab I work at due to not loading film correctly.

5. ac12

ac12 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Been there, done that.

Tips for 35mm.
    • Put UNexposed film in your RIGHT pocket, and exposed film in your LEFT pocket. NEVER in the same pocket.
    • Watch the rewind knob. Take up the slack, after that it MUST rotate when you advance the film.
    • I always rewind the film all the way into the cartridge. No exposed leader = exposed film.
    Other cameras
    • For RF and TLR cameras, check that the lens cap has been removed from the taking lens.
    • For 120 film, make sure you don't load the film backwards/upsidedown. You get no image when the paper is facing the lens. :oops:
    Developing
    • Fixing before developing. IOW getting the fixer bottle mixed up with the developer bottle.
    • Check if the factory registration marks are there or not. Not = processing error/problem.