Kodakcolor200 now available in 120 format

At the advertised price, this stuff would still be C$14/roll for me. I shoot the occasional 120 roll of Portra 160 and doubt this new material would come close. Unless the Gold 200 emulsion got a huge makeover, the new version could be fun in Holgas, Dianas and old folders but Hassie, Bronica and Mamiya system gear might show its weaknesses--or expose the hype in Kodak influencers' pitches. I recall how disappointing 120 Fuji Superia was relative to pricier Fuji pro materials.

Granted, it's a cheeky move by Kodak but wonder if they've missed the boat again. Too little too late?

I'm looking forward to shooting it in my Yashica MAT 124G. I'll reserve my observations until then.

I'm sure someone here at work will test it, I'll wait till then if I want to shoot it.

Back in the day at the lab I worked at Gold 200 was the go to film we sold to 35mm point and shoot users.

I'm sure someone here at work will test it, I'll wait till then if I want to shoot it.

Back in the day at the lab I worked at Gold 200 was the go to film we sold to 35mm point and shoot usershan.

Right, Gold 200 was the film for those cameras. But I shot miles more Fuji Superia 200 and preferred its finer grain, lower contrast and cooler color palette to Gold films.

Kodak's story is that Gold 200 120 is a different emulsion than its 35mm namesake. Let's hope so! Like you, I'm curious how it will scan and print.The price is, well, what it is with all film prices high and edging higher it seems at least annually if not more often.

Amidst the applause, I'm remain a little pessimistic about the company's direction and financials. Doubtful this new product will do much for Kodak's share price. Probably absurd, but I believe Kodak should revive more of its legacy b&w materials and chemistry. That's the niche that appears the most durable.
Your thoughts from the lab?

Probably absurd, but I believe Kodak should revive more of its legacy b&w materials and chemistry. That's the niche that appears the most durable.
Your thoughts from the lab?
Agree. I'd personally would like to see these come back.....Panatomic X, High Speed Infrared, Tech Pan and 4x5 Ektapan.
We could sell a mountain of Infrared and Tech Pan. Customers still ask about those two films.

And in C-41 I still miss Extar-25.

Back in the day at the lab I worked at Gold 200 was the go to film we sold to 35mm point and shoot users.
It was a cheaper, amateur film. It is more saturated than Portra but less than velvia. I shoot portra for the skin tones as well and that will be the deciding factor. For folks using a lab and spending $25 for shipping both ways, developing and scanning, that savings per roll is a smaller percentage. Those of us doing our own developing and scanning, it's a higher percentage drop it total cost.

Most reactions

Back