Konica Minolta owners-Attention?!?!?!?!? Say it isn't so?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Come on, like you didn't see that coming.

Atleast now my camera might be a collectors item in years to come....although I doubt it will...unless it still works.

I don't know much about camera's, but I do know that if I'm gonna buy one, I'd probably rather get a Nikon or Canon.

Having said that, my first SLR was a Minolta. So I'm not against them, I just think that they're obviously not the first choice for the general population.

bace said:
I don't know much about camera's, but I do know that if I'm gonna buy one, I'd probably rather get a Nikon or Canon.
As would most people, but the question is why? I'm not saying that either one is a bad choice, quite the contrary. I think they are both very good selections, but not the only two selections.

[QOUTE=bace]Having said that, my first SLR was a Minolta. So I'm not against them, I just think that they're obviously not the first choice for the general population.[/QUOTE]
See, you do have some redeeming qualities about you.

Well...I was on a budget.

But that's really the point. I along with many others do not put Minolta as their first choice. The question of why is redundant. My point was that this comes as no surprise. And it shouldn't for you. Still, sad to see them go.

thebeginning said:
that is rather surprising, but bace does have a point.

I wonder what a sony dSLR would be like....hmm.
Under current Sony management, it'd have proprietary software, a virus-esque root kit, and a EULA granting Sony the rights to all your photos...

clarinetJWD said:
Under current Sony management, it'd have proprietary software, a virus-esque root kit, and a EULA granting Sony the rights to all your photos...

LOL, so true :lol:

bace said:
Come on, like you didn't see that coming.

No kidding. They have been digging their own grave since about 1988/89. In 85 through 88 they dominated the market with the Maxxum 7000 (My first camera) and 9000 autofocus cameras and lenses but somehow dropped the ball after that. It took Canon and Nikon all that time to catch up to them.
I don't know if they got over confident with their place in the market or what but I remember it did seem that suddenly they just stopped advertising, on TV anyway I didn't read many photog magazines at the time.
Then it took them how long to finally release their own DSLR? 2004 or 2005. By that point I think everyone with a Canon or Nikon film body was already heavily invested in Canon and Nikon lenses and such, so the decision was an easy one when looking at a potential DSLR purchase.
It's to bad really, great products but bad marketing. Maybe Sony will be able to do more with it.

The only good thing I can see possibly coming from this is that Zeiss has been "upset" because they haven't had the Contax line to throw their SLR lenses at so they just started production for Nikon mount lenses. They also supply lenses for Sony's stuff so there could possibly be a new outlet for their SLR lenses. I'm sure with that, there would be a pretty noticable price tag but would be oh so worth it. I couldn't imagine how popular a Maxxum 7D body with Zeiss glass would be...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back