kyra

kemizz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kemizz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my sisters youngest daughter came to get her St-Nicolas present today and I took a quick picture ..., kinda like the colors , these give a little bit a christmas theme to it ..

:thumbup: or :thumbdown: , thx :)

kyra.jpg

eeehhhhhh. . .

its fine for a family snapshot.
but nice catchlights

what do you mean with the cathlights,
do you mean the fonkling in the eyes? cause I like that, take that away and they eyes become totally different

Kemizz, catchlights in the eyes are good!
They give them a sparkle - life!
It is a bit soft and DOF (depth of field) is quite narrow, so her second eye is already out of focus. It was taken with the given light which makes it immediately better than your average family snapshot! Much better. Most snapshotters would put their camera on automatic and if it says to the flash "do come out and fire automatically, too, since light is so poor", they would happily go with a totally flat, deeply shadowed snap with the subject getting flame-throwing eyes, so red they become. So there, kemizz, this IS better than a snapshot! And she is cute! Lovely niece you've got here. And I agree: the warm colour temp (many yellows), given light and her clothing do add a Christmassy feel to the photo.

So if it is either :thumbdown: or :thumbup: then I go for :thumbup: !

It's a nice warm picture. great eyes. Too bad the kid is looking away. But this is surely no snapshot. I don't know if it's that christmas-ish.

pascal

ok thanks, that's what I thought as well..

I didn't wanted to flash to hard since the image would become really ' flashed in " , so I 've choose an aperture of 2 to get more light in wich put's the second eye already out of focus .
5.6 or more would have been better . But yeah sometimes we have to take that moment very fast ... since these little muchkins are sometimes hard to capture , but damn cute :)

I think it's a nice picture. I would probably chop off just a little bit from the left. I get a Christmasy feel from it too Kemizz. And, I suppose it would've been nice to have the other eye in focus too, but it doesn't really bother me that much. Nice job for an on the fly kind of picture.

I shoot a lot of shallow DOF stuff myself. The main thing for me here is the horizontal crop. I think vertical would make better use of the material. The background is just a blur, so you don't need so much of it off on the left. Even if it wasn't blurry, I think it would have to have some specific bearing on the image to be included in a horizontal portrait.

these are two of her sister later on the evening , again soft pics, but I kinda like the way she looks on both pics , so altough they should have been sharper, but the look on her face makes them ok , or not ?

_KEM0037border.jpg

_KEM0038daborder.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back