domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ladyd.jpg

i cant put my finger on why, but i dont like it.

sorry, pal.

I doubt it is LADY D who our spiffy Beth doesn't like.
It may, however, be the photo she thinks is not perfect.
I tend to think that there are too many bright spots forming the background when it would be a lot better with a more uniformly DARK background.
And your Lady D has a halo, and something funny is going on around her nose...

Yeah I did a crappy job of adding the gaussin blur to the background. I didn't really notice how crap it looked until I posted it. Funny how that works. I guess if I was going to bother doing it I should have spent more time and tried to do it right. I was just so excited to post my first B&W scans I must have rushed. Here's the original. I love how she looks, I just wished I would have used a larger aperture.

ladyd-1-1.jpg

You could continue working on the blurred background (helps the photo!), but when all that is done perfectly, I personally would also consider a different crop, less headroom and also less room on the left. Her face is so centred just now.

:(

can we be friends again? i wasn't talking about Lady D when i said i didnt like the picture.

your edit looks better, but you did something to her nose? snipped it at the tip or something?

:(

can we be friends again? i wasn't talking about Lady D when i said i didnt like the picture.

your edit looks better, but you did something to her nose? snipped it at the tip or something?

I guess so.

I'm done messin with this damn photo. Next time I'm just going to shoot it at f2.8.

Don't you just love how a B&W scan looks! I do love the Delta 100!

Most reactions

Back