What's new

LaFoto-Storm-Pics (yes, mine are GREEN!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At one evening in June, there suddenly was some very eerie light inside our house, the entire room atmosphere had turned totally green, so I went out to explore and found that also outside everything, the whole air, looked such a threatening, unhealthy, bruised green. It was a storm coming up that brought along this light (and later lightning, too).
All I could do was TRY to capture it, and since there are more and more storm pics coming up (seems to be "storm-pic-week" or so ;)), I thought I might share mine:

grnerhimmel02.jpg


grnerhimmel04.jpg


We don't live in the Land Of Big Storms, so these might be the most spectacular I'm ever going to get. Who knows? ;)
 
Interesting to see green. I'm used to yellow.

had a storm roll threw a couple weeks ago that cast such a stiff orange cast it was amasing. I did not go out and shoot any of it because the first thing I could see comming was some dumb comment about WB adjustment......


My sister was kind enough to get a couple though. It's not much to look at but...the best one she got
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Well, if any "white balance was wrong" than it was that of the entire atmosphere around us on that night.

By the way, later that same night (it was a night of a football/soccer match, and an important one to boot, I think, when Germany played), the colour cast inside our rooms also changed again dramatically, also to orange, since the aftermath of this very (green) storm produced a marvellously orange sunset. But those photos don't belong HERE.
 
Whoa! That's a freaky looking sky all right! How eerie to have it go that colour. Glad you were able to capture it to share with us.
 
I'm assuming this brought rain? What an unusual color... Storms I've seen have a very distinct blue-ish green color that usually means hail, excample here (not my pic).
 
It's rare, but I've seen the sky get green with an impending storm. Right before a total eclipse of the sun it got kinda green here too.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
It brought heavy rain and thunder and lightning. I've seen this phenomenon before, but not often. It was eerie!
 
that is cool. i've only seen green once before that i remember. and that storm had a nasty looking leading ribbon of cloud. i the pics i took of a storm the other week (posted under storm and sunset) were only the second time i've seen it where everything went pink. even the air looked pink. it was like there was a pink fog everywhere. did you have the same effect with green? it kind of looks like it. it is freaky. i love it when it happens though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom