Lake Michigan sunsets revisited

twohearted

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I posted 3 sunset photos yesterday and, as always, let it be know that C&C was welcome. The feedback I got was pretty consistent--my shots were way oversaturated, and my crops were off. I dialed down the saturation to where it was right out of the camera, and got comments that they still looked too saturated. One person suggested checking the white balance. I've now done that, and I've also re-cropped and leveled the horizons in the shots. I'm re-posting the originals and the latest edits here. If anyone feels like commenting, I would specifically be interested to hear if the new ones are improvements over the originals in terms of color saturation and cropping, and any suggestions anyone might have.

$IMG_1248r.JPG$IMG_1248r4.JPG

$IMG_1257r.JPG$IMG_1257r4.JPG

$IMG_1259r.JPG$IMG_1259r4.JPG

I was gonna say top right is too centered, but I saw the V formation the clouds create and, frankly, that works much better that way. That one I like most. When it comes to cloudscapes (as I've heard them called) and sunsets, I like to see more sky, unless the water is close to perfectly still and creating a particularly clear reflection. I could be wrong, of course.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back