What's new

Lake, Moon, and Tree Line at Yellowstone

Awesome. The mirror-image reflection makes the shot.
 
thanks!
 
Oooo very nice Charlie!
 
Hey thanks.....I SWEAR that the freakin moon was three times the size it shows on this shot. Whats up with that?!? Seriously....I have other moon shots from my recent cross-country trip ..... tiny moon!!!! WTH
 
Very awesome...Will do wonder in life size on the wall of the reception counter of a luxury hotel ;)
 
Frequency said:
Very awesome...Will do wonder in life size on the wall of the reception counter of a luxury hotel ;)

Sounds good to me...thanks buddy!
 
Hmm, not crazy fond of this shot. It's technically sound, and pleasing. I think I'm mainly put off by the horizon put straight in the middle of the frame. Usually I don't like that, especially with reflection shots.

The symmetry in the reflection is nice, but I get some tension as the trees dip off, and creates asymmetry. This image seems to be a lot about symmetery (reflections, horizon dead center). With the trees dipping off, it doesn't quite come together for me.
 
Ah...your the first to notice the asymmetry...or the first to comment on it, at least. I have a dozen variations of this shot....all the same problem. Honestly, I agree with all your comments, and I feel similarly about the qualities of this shot. I enjoy it more as an abstract, rather than a literal landscape.

I originally turned it vertical because of its subtle flaws. I see this as being sort of "incomplete"...or something....just something missing....or wrong. Ya, thanks for the great critique...much appreciated.
 
I get this weird feeling of the image being tilted to the right when, in fact, the horizon seems perfectly level... other than that I like the picture. I would, personally, remove the moon, though that's just personal preference. Really nice shot.
 
LOL M.C.....somethins up.

Ya...the reflection is not truly symmetrical. Problem is....when the horizon is straight...the reflections are not. I found a middle-ground orientation best I could.
 
I like it...I think it looks more like a literal landscape this way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom