Lake Saiful Muluk

Sarmad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This lake is located in Northern Pakistan, It's a little far and hard to reach. I'm only 16 years old so I have to rely on my dad for any photo trips, he rarely gets any holidays or free time. In October we decided to go there, I live in a relatively closer town than the rest of Pakistan, we started the journey at about 9 am and reached Naran (The place where it is located), at around 2pm. From there we rented a powerful jeep and the jeep driver took us to the lake, it's a 45 min one side journey. The journey is rigorous. It's very steep and full of bumps and jolts as the road is a trail.

The weather was overcast, the snows had melted (Actually it was time for the new winter snow, as you can see it snowing at the higher peaks). While on the lake we encountered a merciless storm, the journey way back was dangerous, even life threatening. Dark, lone, strange mountain roads with constant land sliding, but we reached home safely at night.

Please tell me what you think :icon_smile::

Lake Saiful Muluk by Sarmad8bit, on Flickr

Photograph and story are both excellent!

You have a very cool dad, tell him I said hello! :)
Beautiful picture, it makes me want to be there..

Very nice! Interesting that you're so far away, yet, the image looks like it could have been captured in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.

Sound great! What fun is life if you don't almost die trying to get a good photo? ;)
And this is a great photo! Do you have any more from the trip?

Excellent!!!

Nice shot and thanks for the story too.

Thanks all :) I don't think the story is very good, I wrote the post in a hurry so you can feel my broken up and quick sentences.

Sound great! What fun is life if you don't almost die trying to get a good photo? ;)
And this is a great photo! Do you have any more from the trip?

It sure was very dangerous, but not as dangerous as it might sound like. It was quite fun too. I have a few more from the trip, but I did not take many since I was a little short at time, and to add to my luck it rained heavily on the way back, though you can see a few on my flickr. I'll definitely try to get there another time, maybe in early summer when the sides are green, water is more blue and there are a few remains from the winter snowfall at the sides of the lake.

It's a beautiful photograph.

you're 16... I want to be 16 again... just for a little bit :D

you're 16... I want to be 16 again... just for a little bit :D
You're not? I thought you were! :345:
awwwwwww

I'll take this as a compliment :)

...and just fyi this how I looked like at 16
FirstWorldMetalGirlProblems-3147 (Mobile).jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done Sarmad. The lake is beautiful, but you have also captured the isolation ... it seems not to have been touched by man ... a lake lost in time. Thank you for sharing.

Gary

Nicely done Sarmad. The lake is beautiful, but you have also captured the isolation ... it seems not to have been touched by man ... a lake lost in time. Thank you for sharing.

Gary

There's a spoiler to the story. It's not as untouched as it looks like. It looks like this because in October the weather is a little colder and the rain further made it lonesome as it was harder to approach the lake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back