Photos OK to edit
Testing out a Fujica film camera

Tahoe shoreline-1.jpg

Tahoe shoreline-1-2.jpg

Tahoe shoreline-1-3.jpg

Last edited:
-

Like the first for composition and all for DR expression. :encouragement:
Thank you! Dangit, I thought 3 was the best composition.
The camera seems to be working just fine.....
Thank you Jeff
What lens, film, and developer? If I had to guess, it would be the 55 1.8 w/ yellow filter, Tmax100, D76. It displays excellent image fidelity. Really nice exposures. I like them all but 1 is my favorite, classic composing and wonderful textures.
Thank you kindlyj jc. This is a Fujica ST801 LED I bought a pair of them at an estate sale. This one has a Tamron 28-70 f/3.5-4.5. Arista 200 in D76 1:1. No lens filter but I was heavy handed with curve adjustments.

The meter on the camera works and has a nice LED indicator, but unfortunately even I could tell it reads a few stops too bright so I went with sunny 16 guessing which I'm getting better at.

Tahoe shoreline-1-4.jpg

The meter on the camera works and has a nice LED indicator, but unfortunately even I could tell it reads a few stops too bright so I went with sunny 16 guessing which I'm getting better at.

View attachment 250637
Nice. Well done. I rarely use a meter these days although I always bring one. The real contrasty scenes, I usually spot meter the shadows and highlights and follow the very well explained system from Ken Rockwell. Say what you may about him but he is really a secret weapon for photogs in this article. Personally, I think Zulu could replace him

Thanks Jeff I appreciate your comment

I appreciate it. I often think I attempt to show too much in landscape shots and always try to simplify the composition. Those piles of rocks are pretty great, though. I was truly devastated to see many boulders along the shoreline have been "tagged".

… always try to simplify the composition.

The less details or elements in a picture will ask for more artistic
intent in the said picture… it has to say more about yourself.

OTOH, layering invites a viewer to explore by traveling back and
forth within the image. The experience may be very satisfying with
given images.

:)

Most reactions

Back