What's new

Landscape with people

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
954
Reaction score
5
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So which one do you guys like the most? or are they any good at all? well as always criticisms are welcome

IMG1178c.jpg



IMG1177c.jpg
 
Well, I'm no pro, in fact, I consider myself a noob so I'm going to give you the best analysis I can. Obviously it was a bright day which kills your color and saturation, so perhaps B&W may work better. Since it says your photos are okay to edit (If it's not, tell me and I will gladly remove it), I hope you don't mind but I edited the first one. I cropped it, sharpened it, and converted it to B&W. I think it works well as a B&W, but that doesn't mean it does (Remember, I'm a noob)

IMG1178c.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upon second look, the colors on my laptop monitor are way off, I plugged into my large LCD and after a second look, the colors on yours look better and my edit looks alittle over blown. I'll play with it later if I get bored. I like the idea of people in the Landscape by the way, especially the natural poses, I think it adds a certain element of mystery to landscapes... Well done!
 
I don't mind you editing my photos and making it pure black and white isn't a bad idea but I still like the original one better :p
well I am a newbie myself got my first DSLR a lil over a month ago lol
 
That's cool man, I've been trying to get better at using GIMP and learning how to edit. So far, its been all trial and error, so its takin me awhile, but practice makes perfect. Anyway, what kinda DSLR did you get, I'm shooting with the Sony a200, its all this broke Noob could afford...
 
Have to say, I prefer the edited version..

I think that the shots might be over-exposed (understandable given the big bright object at the top of the image!).. Composition is good and I agree with you about having people in landscapes
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom