Laotian Family Sedan

I like the shot because it is just that instant, as it looks like they are just pushing off and then they are gone. Also, the motorcycle on the right with just part of the front wheel in the frame is not yet so far in to be distracting.

Thanks Dave.
Catching an instant in life that viewers can relate to is one of my goals in shooting.

Like the two below, I try for pictures where the viewer can instantly enter into the frame and understand what is going on without necessarily any explanation from the photographer.

Thanks for the comment.

Lew

upload_2016-3-24_18-30-28.png

or

upload_2016-3-24_18-32-23.png

Great shot. I love the lighting and your white balance is perfect. I don't think the first version looks low quality in any sense, although I do prefer the boost in contrast that your revised version has. It gives it a more 3 dimensional look, and has a slightly more polished look to it without being overdone, like it's ready to be published.

My one critique would be to consider removing the purple rectangle in the upper left corner. I understand the idea of preserving the original photograph, but to me I think it disrupts the framing of the shot and it resembles a large purple pixel rather than a sign.

Last edited:
I'm with the Gorilla (Robins.photo) I almost prefer the 1st version.
I like the shot, not for the technicalities but because of what it shows. As the family grows they could add a plank along the seat, sticking out over the back and maybe fit a couple more lightweight kids - I'm imagining something quite "Heath Robinson". ;)

Most reactions

Back