Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
upload_2016-3-24_13-14-17.png

Like the composition and subject, but the quality seems a bit below your usual standards?

Last edited by a moderator:
what was edited out ws not political comment...it was historical FACT!

The bombing was fact, whether anyone should have been indicted for war crimes was your opinion and a political arguement out of place in a thread about pictures.

Seems like the guy with the family has the sport version of that bike (disk brake, no mirrors, performance wheels, two-tone paint job), the girl with the pink helmet I guess has the housewife version (drum brake, rearview mirrors, basket, standard spoked wheels).
Like the image. Looks a bit like it was taken through a car window.

These bikes are 'affordable' and transport anything you can imagine and 2 adults + 2 children on a similar bike is common to see.

The bombing was fact, whether anyone should have been indicted for war crimes was your opinion and a political arguement out of place in a thread about pictures.

ok opinions aside. How about my comment/observation of the picture?

Looks a bit like it was taken through a car window.

Sorry, No.
Just standing on a lump of cement that passed for a sidewalk.

How about my comment/observation of the picture?

Some pictures are 'big' - that make some point, some are just observations of the passing parade. This is one of those.
I don't mind if people don't like pictures as much as I do; different tastes and, clearly, my commitment to my own stuff interferes with a truly objective evalution of what I shoot.

Looks a bit like it was taken through a car window.

Sorry, No.
Just standing on a lump of cement that passed for a sidewalk.

How about my comment/observation of the picture?

Some pictures are 'big' - that make some point, some are just observations of the passing parade. This is one of those.
I don't mind if people don't like pictures as much as I do; different tastes and, clearly, my commitment to my own stuff interferes with a truly objective evalution of what I shoot.

Not what I was referring too at all. When I said the quality was not up to your usual standards I was referring to the very flattish, slightly foggy distinctly low end camera quality of the picture. Were you using one of those cardboard $10 CAMERAS? I am being serious. Maybe a low-end P&S?

I like the shot because it is just that instant, as it looks like they are just pushing off and then they are gone. Also, the motorcycle on the right with just part of the front wheel in the frame is not yet so far in to be distracting.

How about my comment/observation of the picture? hen I said the quality was not up to your usual standards I was referring to the very flattish, slightly foggy distinctly low end camera quality of the picture.

You are probably right. Same good camera, flat dusty day and totally lazy me.
I went back and beat the hell out of it with PS - and maybe it looks better.
I've lost the objectivity right now.

upload_2016-3-24_17-32-30.png

I does look like the sun is coming in from the back of the subject so his face was probably a bit dark. I do like the shadows on the ground and the second edit is losing those a bit.

I actually liked the original version a little better - hard to explain but it just seemed to fit better with the overall mood I felt the scene conveyed. I could be way off base of course, JMHO

Most reactions

New Topics

Back