large spider

bjames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a photo I took with a telephoto lens down in south carolina. The spider is about 4 inches from leg to leg. The male is the smaller spider in the background.

spider.jpg

Oh, well, this one's got nasty legs. Hair in some places and no hair in others. Wow, and that male spider doesn't have much of a say in things here, hm? I should guess not ;). Nice find and capture ... and this is definitely different from our common (garden or cross) spider here.

Dear lord. I would royally **** My Pants if that thing was on me! I would BURN DOWN Every possible Spider nesting spot, Oh my that is one Knarly Ass Spider. LOL Props. On the Tele Lens. I would keep my Distance Too! SCrew that thing. My gosh Could u imagine sleepin in a hotel in SC and Waking up with that thing nested in your Leg OH my I would ROyally FLIP. OK so there goes my Imagination........ HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Props on the Shot! I dig it. Later

Thanks for the feedback. This is indeed the largest spider I've ever seen in the wild. There were actually several of them (male and female pairs) on different webs all within a few feet of each other. I especially like the little tufts of hair on the legs.

I think we know who wears the trousers in that relationship

Most reactions

Back