Las Vegas Protest ends in tear gas and rubber bullets (Lots of pics)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shiquita Dorsey leads the crowd of protesters along the sidewalks of Las Vegas Boulevard, Sunday, May 31, 2020. She says this march is personal for her because she has faced abuse by the police.
DSC00252.jpg

_OH92387.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

Mekkah Fields, who took on the role of coordinator and police mediator, addresses the crowd of protestors at a short reprieve. She says the reason she accepted the responsibility is because, "I'm black in America - can't be black in the house, car, outside. If I wasn't going to speak out I wouldn't have come. My heart is too heavy to not come out here and do something about it."
DSC00318.jpg

A portrait of protester Gary Jones, along Las Vegas Boulevard, May 31, 2020. He says he marches for George Floyd and his friend, Julius Sampson, who was killed in 2019 by Robert Anthony Granato while defending a bartender in Salem, NC. "I've donated, I've called litigation, I'm out here protesting. I don't know what else to do."
DSC00544.jpg

DSC02372-2.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

The first bottle of water thrown at the Las Vegas Police Department.
_OH92563.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

_OH92604.jpg

DSC02532.jpg

_OH92663.jpg

DSC02552-2.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

Carolina Gonzalez, 18, and Angel Wolfhart, 21, rest after fleeing Las Vegas Boulevard, Sunday, May 31, 2020. Wolfhart, who spent the early evening attempting to deescalate tensions between protesters and the Las Vegas Police Department, was tear gassed twice and shot at least 4 times by rubber bullets. "I'm so tired of this," he said tearfully. "This is what they wanted from the get go. I tried to keep the peace. They wanted to shoot us from moment one. They shot unarmed protesters. They shot as people were running with their hands up."
_OH92674.jpg

Cool images.

Last edited by a moderator:
God I cant wait for this to be over.

On another note, let's all remember to keep the comments totally focused on the images, please. NO political commentary about the event. There have already been some borderline comments. Don't push it any further.

If you feel you must comment, please take it to the Subscribers Forum.

Excellent job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back