Last Of The Captain Set

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finished up editing on the Captain today all told think he will be happy with the variety I gave him, have another fireman coming in this week. Still have some ideas I want to try, so looking forward to that. Any how, thought this one turned out decent. C&C Always welcome. Enjoy.

Photo deleted

Last edited:
Super, he should be pleased.

Great expression and nice sharp image of him. The lettering looks more white than in the other set, but I'd watch with lettering that it's all the way in the frame (or keep it out of the frame); this is, but cutting it a little close.

What color is the jacket? It looks too magenta to me, and is it tan? dark gold? light brown? I can't tell. Actually, his face looks too magenta too. The toning seems a bit off.

Great expression and nice sharp image of him. The lettering looks more white than in the other set, but I'd watch with lettering that it's all the way in the frame (or keep it out of the frame); this is, but cutting it a little close.

What color is the jacket? It looks too magenta to me, and is it tan? dark gold? light brown? I can't tell. Actually, his face looks too magenta too. The toning seems a bit off.

On these I actually had a written shot plan, that covered everything from setup to final processing. They were never meant to be portraits in the conventional sense. I realize that it might not be to everyone's taste, but it was a choice I liked and was pleased that it came out as planned. This one has a final Levels adjustment layer added because the ember layer darkened it a little more then I liked. To keep things consistent, I've since added the same layer to the others in the final editing. Also, the first ones were direct uploads to TPF , while this one is a link to Flickr which IMO displays better.

The lettering at the top of the helmet was a problem without an easy solution, as I planned everything for an 11x14 crop for a future print project. Had I cropped lower on the top it would have moved the eyes to high in the frame, I could have extended the canvas to include it, but would have also necessitated making the face less prominent(which I didn't want) to keep the eyes at the same level. No win situation on that part.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back