Last poll before purchase...

Last input before purchase...

• Tamron SP AF 24-135mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sigma 17-125mm (little more $ than others, reviews are so so)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Canon 28-135mm IS

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Canon 28-105mm II

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trace63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recap : Im a total noob. I just got a Canon 400D w/ kit lens. The lens is ok but I do feel that I need a little bit more zoom. My plans for the future (way future) --> Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 and a Canon 10-20(22?)mm. For now, Im looking for an all around lens. Live.com is at 30% now for eBay so I want to take advantage of it while I can.

Tamrom seems like a good lens, decent reviews, but slow AF.
Sigma seems to have the perfect range but reviews are lacking. Any input on this one?
The Canon 28-105mm I can get for about $170ish. It lacks a little in the wide range compared to the kit lens, but if I decide I need it I guess I can carry the kit if necessary. It def. has a zoom boost over my present 55mm. However, the 28-135mm I can get for a solid $195. And it has IS. BUT, will the extra range hurt quality?

Please respond as quick as possible as I do not know how long these prices will last.

EDIT : Please state a reason if you vote

Last edited:
Voted for the 17-125. Nice range.

You need to keep in mind the cropping factor when getting another lens also. 28 isn't wide, even on a full frame sensor, put that on a Canon and you have over a 40mm lens.

~Michael~

Voted for the 17-125. Nice range.

You need to keep in mind the cropping factor when getting another lens also. 28 isn't wide, even on a full frame sensor, put that on a Canon and you have over a 40mm lens.

~Michael~

Range is def. better, but for some reason I dont think spending an extra $80+ on a lens that gets poor reviews would be worth it. Not sure...

However, the 28-135mm I can get for a solid $195. And it has IS.

That is just nuts bro. If you can get this lens for only $195, you might want to check the condition of the lens. These go for around $375-$400 brand new from a reputable seller. Some places sell them even more. If it is a true good condition lens, jump all over that.

That is just nuts bro. If you can get this lens for only $195, you might want to check the condition of the lens. These go for around $375-$400 brand new from a reputable seller. Some places sell them even more. If it is a true good condition lens, jump all over that.

Live.com 30% cashback is my best friend. :D

I would go for the 28-135 out of your listed choices. I have that lens but rarely use it. The range is not something I use. (I shoot wide and long tele mainly) Its a fairly sharp lens with good color/contrast and it does have IS. It is just so darn slow. I personally like 2.8 or faster glass.

Derrick

The range is not something I use. (I shoot wide and long tele mainly)

I'm the same way. That is why I'm saving for that Sigma 18-200 OS. Maybe we can share some unedited photos after you get the 28-135 and I get the 18-200.

What do you mean by "last poll?" How many polls do you need? For christ's sake. Be impulsive. Live a little.

I'm the same way. That is why I'm saving for that Sigma 18-200 OS. Maybe we can share some unedited photos after you get the 28-135 and I get the 18-200.

Yeah def. I should be getting it in sometime next week. :D

Future purchases include a Sigma 10-20mm and a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 :D

Most reactions

Back